Thursday, January 19, 2006

Quick Update

Since the last time you heard from me, I've had a terrible losing streak (actually the 15-30 game at the Wynn was in the midst of this) and then a complete turnaround, getting me back into the black for the month.

Sorry to my loyal readers for not posting for a week. I've been working on a couple of other projects, and not much interesting has happened. Here's the best I can do to try to interest you:

- In the lobby at the Mirage this past weekend there was an enormous crowd for the new Jet nightclub. Nearly naked models painted with the Jet logo sprawled on sofas on a stage and also stood on platforms amid the crowd, which included photographers and celebrities, of whom I could only recognize Shannon Elizabeth (who, by the way, is a very good poker player - I learned today that she won the "Nicky Hilton New Year's Eve Poker Tournament" at Caesars. Hey Nicky, why wasn't I invited to play in this??)

- Luck in the Mirage tournaments has been eluding me recently, as has wakefulness during the noon Wynn tournaments, which are supposedly the best under $1000 tournaments in town. I swear I'll get up in time for one at some point.

- The Rio still has the best 2-5 NL game in town, as far as I can tell. However, most of their card shufflers have broken, their comp system makes no sense, and they persist in using cards so old that they have worn out splotches on the back. "They're not marked if they're all like that!" Um... right. I'm not going to complain too much as long as their poker room continues to attract drunken tourists.

No comments: