Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Chris Ferguson at UCLA

A friend at UCLA just registered me for an event at UCLA with Chris Ferguson and several other people discussing "Math, Computer Science and Poker." Among the other panelists are Chris's father Tom Ferguson (one of Brigid's professors) and Bill Chen, author of The Mathematics of Poker.

I'm tempted to go back and look at my notes from Mathematics of Poker to try to come up with some intelligent questions. It might be more interesting to try to get opinions on more general poker theory, though. I don't really know if I'll get to ask any questions, but it should be pretty interesting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you going to report on how "the event" turned out? Was it useful? Interesting?

Keith said...

I wanted to do that this week, but I've been very busy. Probably by tomorrow.